Saturday, December 20, 2014

Be Still ... Look Up ... Give Thanks

   Every morning I take my dog Nikki on a morning walkabout on the three acres we call home. It gives me a chance to inspect my garden, the neighbor's cows, my other neighbor's alpacas, the slough across the road and the artichoke fields all around us. It's quite a trek. Nikki loves it and so do I. She's deaf so she can't hear a word I say, but she looks at me attentively as I ramble on. Someone should!
    The best part of the morning is watching that amazing transition between night and day. The moon fades away as the sun begins to blaze. Good morning and goodbye all in the same moment.
   I want to reach out and grab them and say don't go, let me stand in this morning blessing for just a little while longer. 
   
The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor. 1 Corinthians 15:41

No comments:

Post a Comment