Thursday, January 8, 2015

Fruit of the Spirit

This morning I was on my daily walkabout with my dog Nikki, making sure all of my trees are surviving the winter cold. Most have lost many of their leaves, but here's my hearty Mandarin Orange (Citrus reticulate) not just blooming but with fruit on it. Made me smile. I really just love the tenacity of plants; whatever the conditions or stresses, they give it their all.
   I believe most people do the same thing. I came inside to the news about the ongoing terrorism in the world today and its impact on all of us. Took me to my Bible.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment