Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Well-Seasoned Winter

Cuban Oregano(Plectranthus amboinicus) and 
in the back, mint (Menthe longifolia).

"So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are co-workers in God’s service." - 1 Corinthians 3:7-9

It's been cold at night - below freezing for awhile so about a month ago I got out my frost blankets and covered up the herbs I still have in the ground. I haven't paid much attention, just let them stay toasty warm.
Yesterday, when I peeked under the blanket, lo and behold, they're thriving! Oregano, mint, parsley, sage and thyme - sounds a little like a Simon and Garfunkel song. No sound of silence in our kitchen ... the cook is a happy guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment